Definition of silver :
1. A soft white metallic element, sonorous, ductile, very malleable, and capable of a high degree of polish. It is found native, and also combined with sulphur, arsenic, antimony, chlorine, etc., in the minerals argentite, proustite, pyrargyrite, ceragyrite, etc. Silver is one of the " noble" metals, so- called, not being easily oxidized, and is used for coin, jewelry, plate, and a great variety of articles. Symbol Ag ( Argentum). Atomic weight 107. 7. Specific gravity 10. 5.
2. Anything having the luster or appearance of silver.
3. Bright; resplendent; white.
4. Coin made of silver; silver money.
5. Giving a clear, ringing sound soft and clear.
6. Of or pertaining to silver; made of silver; as, silver leaf; a silver cup.
7. Precious; costly.
8. Resembling silver.
9. Sweet; gentle; peaceful.
10. The color of silver.
11. To acquire a silvery color.
12. To cover with silver; to give a silvery appearance to by applying a metal of a silvery color; as, to silver a pin; to silver a glass mirror plate with an amalgam of tin and mercury.
13. To make hoary, or white, like silver.
14. To polish like silver; to impart a brightness to, like that of silver.
bauxite, slaty, resplendent, antique, baby-blue, specie, bread, banknote, amethyst, lustrous, canteen, fluid, medal, ash-grey, cast iron, coin, silver medal, dishes, bucks, artefact, aluminium, bluish, bills, cup, beige, ferrous, fluent, eloquent, cutlery, bright, prize, smooth, avocado, argentine, gold medal, argent, white, antiquity, bronze, leaded, atomic number 47, property, pewter, artifact, antiquarian, grayish, bone china, smooth-spoken, slate, silvery, notes, chrome, brazen, silver-gray, silvern, metallic, ag, collector, silver-tongued, shimmering, pale, bronze medal, ash gray, cruet, silverish, collectible, earthenware, liquid, crockery, collection, gong, amber, china, crocks, steely, articulate, silver grey, azure, flatware, brass, facile, collector's item, alabaster, golden, ribbon, blue ribbon, achromatic, leaden, dinner service
colors (part of speech: noun)
metal (part of speech: noun)
money (part of speech: noun)
funds, draft, bankroll, pounds, scratch, issue, coinage, pocket money, fortune, receipts, ways and means, nugget, cash, proceeds, assets, coupon, net worth, bank note, gross, promissory note, check, petty cash, treasure, IOU, bond, wad, spending money, money order, moolah, dollar, ingot, greenback, wealth, wampum, balance sheet, swag, purse, wallet, lucre, loot, worth, bill, money, currency, dough, bullion, capital, wherewithal, stock, sterling, note, change, profit, income
element (part of speech: noun)
europium, iodine, cobalt, zinc, neodymium, arsenic, carbon, argon, beryllium, silicon, plutonium, boron, praseodymium, phosphorus, antimony, protactinium, americium, chlorine, sulfur, manganese, tellurium, cadmium, erbium, copper, technetium, potassium, lutetium, cesium, fermium, germanium, neptunium, osmium, lead, thallium, oxygen, mendelevium, californium, rhenium, xenon, berkelium, curium, thulium, rubidium, lithium, gallium, niobium, magnesium, mercury, iron, uranium, palladium, tin, bromine, terbium, cerium, krypton, nickel, holmium, samarium, polonium, rhodium, thorium, helium, nobelium, strontium, hydrogen, indium, neon, gold, hafnium, vanadium, sodium, bismuth, molybdenum, radon, ytterbium, einsteinium, gadolinium, calcium, nitrogen, platinum, titanium, dysprosium, lanthanum, francium, iridium, chromium, scandium, aluminum, yttrium, tungsten, selenium, astatine, actinium, tantalum, fluorine, barium, radium, zirconium, ruthenium, element, promethium
- " Stop there, Gabrielillo," said Silver Stick. - "The Shadow of the Cathedral", Vicente Blasco Ibañez.
- Do you think you could steal- excuse me- win a silver cup?" - "Pee-wee Harris on the Trail", Percy Keese Fitzhugh.
- Then he motioned to me to be seated and rang a little silver bell that stood upon the table. - "The Virgin of the Sun", H. R. Haggard.