Definition of similar :
1. Exactly corresponding; resembling in all respects; precisely like.
2. Homogenous; uniform.
3. Nearly corresponding; resembling in many respects; somewhat like; having a general likeness.
4. That which is similar to, or resembles, something else, as in quality, form, etc.
connatural, standardised, equivalent, exchangeable, corresponding, replaceable, confusable, homogeneous, related, convertible, look-alike, interchangeable, like-minded, equal, synonymous, standardized, quasi, suchlike, kindred, same, identical, Siamese, correspondent
comparative (part of speech: adjective)
similar (part of speech: adjective)
parallel (part of speech: adjective)
- To make some amends to the people, the gallant lieutenant replaced another stone of a similar character which had fallen from its position. - "A Yacht Voyage Round England", W.H.G. Kingston.
- There were two more calls in the next few minutes, of similar nature. - "Legacy", James H Schmitz.
- As a matter of fact, I was on the point of writing out a similar one myself, when I saw yours and guessed I'd let you do the work. - "The Lost Valley", J. M. Walsh.