Definition of simple :
1. A drawloom.
2. A feast which is not a double or a semidouble.
3. A medicinal plant; - so called because each vegetable was supposed to possess its particular virtue, and therefore to constitute a simple remedy.
4. A part of the apparatus for raising the heddles of a drawloom.
5. Artless in manner; unaffected; unconstrained; natural; inartificial;; straightforward.
6. Consisting of a single individual or zooid; as, a simple ascidian; - opposed to compound.
7. Direct; clear; intelligible; not abstruse or enigmatical; as, a simple statement; simple language.
9. Humble; lowly; undistinguished.
10. Mere; not other than; being only.
11. Not capable of being decomposed into anything more simple or ultimate by any means at present known; elementary; thus, atoms are regarded as simple bodies. Cf. Ultimate, a.
12. Not given to artifice, stratagem, or duplicity; undesigning; sincere; true.
13. Not luxurious; without much variety; plain; as, a simple diet; a simple way of living.
14. Plain; unadorned; as, simple dress.
15. Single; not complex; not infolded or entangled; uncombined; not compounded; not blended with something else; not complicated; as, a simple substance; a simple idea; a simple sound; a simple machine; a simple problem; simple tasks.
16. Something not mixed or compounded.
17. To gather simples, or medicinal plants.
18. Weak in intellect; not wise or sagacious; of but moderate understanding or attainments; hence, foolish; silly.
19. Without subdivisions; entire; as, a simple stem; a simple leaf.
homely, ability, saucer-eyed, humble, snap, mooncalf, unostentatious, unprejudiced, unaffected, dull, cretin, softhead, unblended, wide-eyed, modest, obscure, open, dry, slow-witted, natural, puzzling, lowly, nitwit, perfect, gander, schmuck, ass, unsubdivided, mild, nincompoop, retarded, ingenuous, dim-witted, guileless, stupid, simple-minded, manageable, unproblematic, turkey, slow, schmo, weak-minded, simpleton, goof, unvarnished, backward, soft, fair, tomfool, wide, unworldly, dewy-eyed, truthful, dip, jackass, jerk, goose, unassuming, aboveboard, idiot, nerd, simplistic, shallow, ninny, unmixed, moron, round-eyed, mean, dope, unstudied, feeble-minded, imbecile, mere, inane, fool, ding-dong, unreserved, transparent, childly, impartial, naive, half-witted, absolute, sincere, sheer, unbiased
ignorant (part of speech: adjective)
pure (part of speech: adjective)
basic, innocent, blameless, angelic, plain, prime, aboriginal, honorable, faultless, primal, undiluted, pure, basal, guiltless, elemental, unadulterated, spotless, uncluttered, indivisible, unsullied, undefiled, unblemished, elementary, sinless, fundamental, purebred, stainless, irreducible, primary, monolithic, essential, austere, clear, stark, unadorned, white, unalloyed, virtuous, chaste, bare, decent, clean, atomic, untarnished, untainted, nascent, immaculate, formative, foundational, simon-pure
facile (part of speech: adjective)
simple (part of speech: adjective)
united (part of speech: adjective)
succinct (part of speech: adjective)
- And for the simple reason that you wish us to place love before duty. - "Red Money", Fergus Hume.
- You may think it is too simple. - "The Spinners", Eden Phillpotts.
- Their use renders chick feeding quite a simple matter, it being necessary to supply in addition only water and green foods. - "The Dollar Hen", Milo M. Hastings.