Definition of sin:
- A sin offering; a sacrifice for sin.
- An embodiment of sin; a very wicked person.
- An offense, in general; a violation of propriety; a misdemeanor; as, a sin against good manners.
- Old form of Since.
- To depart voluntarily from the path of duty prescribed by God to man; to violate the divine law in any particular, by actual transgression or by the neglect or nonobservance of its injunctions; to violate any known rule of duty; -- often followed by against.
- To violate human rights, law, or propriety; to commit an offense; to trespass; to transgress.
- Transgression of the law of God; disobedience of the divine command; any violation of God's will, either in purpose or conduct; moral deficiency in the character; iniquity; as, sins of omission and sins of commission.
foible, ill-doing, diablerie, netherworld, guilt, want, blaze, wrong-doing, violate, disgrace, profligacy, degree, underworld, bad, libertinism, licentiousness, blunder, median, hellhole, weakness, infract, blunder out, blasphemous, perpendicular, transgression, decadence, lawbreaking, err, pity, failing, shame, angel, vileness, ugliness, transgress, inferno, lousiness, iniquity, cos, wickedness, sine, misdeed, overstep, villainy, right, pit, sliminess, nefariousness, offense, fumble, drop the ball, hell on earth, excess, error, break, nether region, trespass, offend, bless, take advantage, blurt out, snake pit, wrong, orthogonal, cotangent, shortcoming, intrude, dereliction, viciousness, article of faith, ungodliness, deviltry, dark, sinfulness, sinning, obtuse, hell, fault, ill, enormity, breach, demerit, minute, infernal region, darkness, blessing, archangel, oblique, crime, debt, evil, blasphemy, unrighteousness, absolution, perdition, libertinage, malefaction, go against, cosine, wrongdoing, ejaculate, boob, frailty, outrage, goof, angelic, the pits, blurt, violation, delinquency, peccancy, misdoing, repulsiveness, loathsomeness, blaspheme.
- error (part of speech: noun)
vice (part of speech: noun)