Definition of sincere:
- Being in reality what it appears to be; having a character which corresponds with the appearance; not falsely assumed; genuine; true; real; as, a sincere desire for knowledge; a sincere contempt for meanness.
- Honest; free from hypocrisy or dissimulation; as, a sincere friend; a sincere person.
- Pure; unmixed; unadulterated.
- Whole; perfect; unhurt; uninjured.
forthright, businesslike, unmannered, sober, transparent, solemn, heart-whole, earnest, true, aboveboard, wholehearted, grave, simple, serious, impartial, unfeigned, innocent, bona fide, honest, fair, cordial, guileless, genuine, unbiased, whole-souled, faithful, reliable, unprejudiced, in earnest, unreserved, fervent, sedate, dear, heartfelt, devout, hearty.
artless (part of speech: adjective)
- truthful (part of speech: adjective)
- real (part of speech: adjective)