Definition of sing:
- Ti cry out; to complain.
- To accompany, or attend on, with singing.
- To celebrate is song; to give praises to in verse; to relate or rehearse in numbers, verse, or poetry.
- To influence by singing; to lull by singing; as, to sing a child to sleep.
- To make a small, shrill sound; as, the air sings in passing through a crevice.
- To tell or relate something in numbers or verse; to celebrate something in poetry.
- To utter sounds with musical inflections or melodious modulations of voice, as fancy may dictate, or according to the notes of a song or tune, or of a given part ( as alto, tenor, etc.) in a chorus or concerted piece.
- To utter sweet melodious sounds, as birds do.
- To utter with musical infections or modulations of voice.
piffle, vocalize, tittle-tattle, blather, rat, guggle, spill the beans, snitch, maunder, resound, lecture, palaver, let the cat out of the bag, bubble, sound, ripple, gurgle, speak, compose, twaddle, chatter, carol, buzz, hum, trill, burble, blab, warble, squeal, blither, verbalize, write, blether, babble, chirrup, clack, gibber, verbalise, purr, utter, twitter, smatter, gabble, squawk, peach, tattle, chirp, spill, mouth, law, talk, prattle, whistle, fink, mumble, prate, tune, tip, blab out, pipe up, blabber, chant, croon, inform, knowledge, babble out, stool.