Definition of sinking:
going under, sinking feeling.
- disappearing (part of speech: verb)
- descending (part of speech: verb)
- immersing (part of speech: verb)
- depression (part of speech: noun)
deteriorating (part of speech: verb)
- going downhill,
- getting worse,
- falling apart,
- depressing (part of speech: verb)
- deepening (part of speech: verb)
- "Blindfolded", Earle Ashley Walcott.
- "Edgar Saltus: The Man", Marie Saltus.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.