Definition of sixteen :
1. A symbol representing sixteen units, as 16, or xvi.
2. Six and ten; consisting of six and ten; fifteen and one more.
3. The number greater by a unit than fifteen; the sum of ten and six; sixteen units or objects.
- Plenty of girls of sixteen and eighteen came out to see the 'finery. - "Muslin", George Moore.
- They were boys then, sixteen or seventeen years old, and now they would be grown men. - "The Bobbsey Twins in the Great West", Laura Lee Hope.
- Aurore was sixteen now, and things looked very different from what they did three years earlier. - "The Strange Story Book", Mrs. Andrew Lang.