Definition of sketch:
- An outline or general delineation of anything; a first rough or incomplete draught or plan of any design; especially, in the fine arts, such a representation of an object or scene as serves the artist's purpose by recording its chief features; also, a preliminary study for an original work.
- To draw the outline or chief features of; to make a rought of.
- To make sketches, as of landscapes.
- To plan or describe by giving the principal points or ideas of.
subject, performing arts, subject field, field, toon, adumbrate, description, cartoon, survey, skit, copy, sight, words, insinuate, design, intimate, adumbrate, likeness, shape, planned, rough, resume, curriculum vitae, work, subject area, report, act, brief, animated cartoon, bailiwick, written report, cogitation, vignette, outline, study, portrayal, limn, view, discipline, chalk out, field of study.
- draw (part of speech: verb)
outline (part of speech: verb)
- wire frame,
- synopsis (part of speech: noun)
- drawing (part of speech: noun)
- "From Jest to Earnest", E. P. Roe.
- "Running Sands", Reginald Wright Kauffman.
- "The Extermination of the American Bison", William T. Hornaday.