Definition of sky:
- A cloud.
- Hence, a shadow.
- The apparent arch, or vault, of heaven, which in a clear day is of a blue color; the heavens; the firmament; - sometimes in the plural.
- The wheather; the climate.
- To hang ( a picture on exhibition) near the top of a wall, where it can not be well seen.
- To throw towards the sky; as, to sky a ball at cricket.
put away, twitch, monger, New Jerusalem, cast out, paradise, strike at, azure, fling, climatic, cant over, incline, tilt, jactitate, riff, deliver, welkin, barometer, vend, kick, moonbeam, lurch, peddle, the Northern Lights, welkin, gear, the heavens, tack, knock, interchange, toss away, elysian fields, flick, spell, atmosphere, air, flip out, flip over, play, shift, hawk, zone, the Aurora Borealis, cant, the horizon, moonlight, empyrean, slash, blue, toss, toss out, riffle, the blue, thumb, alternate, kingdom come, heaven, celestial, flip-flop, throw, flip, firmament, set up, thrash, Elysium, air, dispose, huckster, temperate, hook, dribble, convulse, thresh about, above, discard, Zion, turn over, chuck out, smash, bliss, throw out, leaf, slope, cross, heaven, meteorology, climate, cast away, shoot, throw away, slant, pass, pitch, chuck, switch, weather, thrash about, the Aurora Australis, high, thresh, seasonal, cast aside, the firmament, weather forecast, heavenly.
- "Friendship Village", Zona Gale.
- "A Chapter of Adventures", G. A. Henty.
- "Spotted Deer", Elmer Gregor.