Definition of slaver:
- A person engaged in the purchase and sale of slaves; a slave merchant, or slave trader.
- A vessel engaged in the slave trade; a slave ship.
- Saliva driveling from the mouth.
- To be besmeared with saliva.
- To smear with saliva issuing from the mouth; to defile with drivel; to slabber.
- To suffer spittle, etc., to run from the mouth.
fawn, bootlick, dry, dribble, apple-polish, suck up, salivate, over, butter up, honey, blandish, drivel, grovel, slaveholder, kowtow, toady, filter, drop, brownnose, soft-soap, sweet-talk, cotton, flatter, slave trader, truckle, slobber, drool, slabber, slave dealer, mouth, adulate, slave owner, praise, adulate, drip, trickle, cringe, carry.
- "American Merchant Ships and Sailors", Willis J. Abbot.
Harry Balding, the convicted White Slaver, in his confession before Judge Newcomer and State's Attorney Roe, said: " We would be sent out by resort keepers to work up some girls, for whom we were paid from $ 10 to $ 50 dollars each, though the cash bonus was much more.- "Chicago's Black Traffic in White Girls", Jean Turner-Zimmermann.
- "The Black Bar", George Manville Fenn.