Definition of slipper:
- A kind of apron or pinafore for children.
- A kind of brake or shoe for a wagon wheel.
- A kind of light shoe, which may be slipped on with ease, and worn in undress; a slipshoe.
- A piece, usually a plate, applied to a sliding piece, to receive wear and afford a means of adjustment; - also called shoe, and gib.
- One who, or that which, slips.
- "The Girl of the Golden West", David Belasco.
- "Into the Primitive", Robert Ames Bennet.
They spoke truly enough; for, a few days afterwards, the king's son caused a proclamation to be made, by sound of trumpet, all over the kingdom, to the effect that he would marry her whose foot should be found to fit the slipper exactly.- "Bo-Peep Story Books", Anonymous.