Definition of slow:
- A moth.
- Behind in time; indicating a time earlier than the true time; as, the clock or watch is slow.
- Heavy in wit; not alert, prompt, or spirited; wearisome; dull.
- imp. of Slee, to slay. Slew.
- Moving a short space in a relatively long time; not swift; not quick in motion; not rapid; moderate; deliberate; as, a slow stream; a slow motion.
- Not advancing or improving rapidly; as, the slow growth of arts and sciences.
- Not happening in a short time; gradual; late.
- Not hasty; not precipitate; acting with deliberation; tardy; inactive.
- Not ready; not prompt or quick; dilatory; sluggish; as, slow of speech, and slow of tongue.
- To go slower; - often with up; as, the train slowed up before crossing the bridge.
- To render slow; to slacken the speed of; to retard; to delay; as, to slow a steamer.
slow-paced, abate, purblind, die away, slow up, remit, decelerate, retard, moderate, in arrears, long-winded, stagnant, speechless, long-playing, swift, dumb, loath, overdue, alert, quiet, subdued, softened, impenetrable, soggy, let up, feeble-minded, adagio, muffled, deliberate, simple-minded, lazy, obtuse, reluctant, drawling, windy, black, hesitant, averse, andante, decompress, abeyant, slack off, stolid, tardily, tedious, heavy, unwind, wordy, slow-moving, idle, slowly, supine, slow-going, dormant, tardy, dense, slow down, behind, verbose, shadowy, remiss, unwilling, dull, behind time, loosen up, slack, dilatory, deadening, latent, wispy, pokey, bumper-to-bumper, dimmed, passive, largo, negligent, slow-footed, slow-witted, stupid, slake, simple, diligent, lento, slacken, poky, moderato, unbend, larghissimo, opposed, drawn-out, dreamy, half-witted, slack up, easily, crawling, dragging, immediate, ho-hum, behindhand, irksome, ability, soft, bleak, time, disinclined, easy, wearisome, inactive, sluggish, mute, sulky, increase, potential, indisposed, belated, down, off, tiresome, dawdling, boring, uninteresting, busy, muted, delayed, dim, thudding, late, tame, silent, inert, belatedly, gradual, thick, faint, lentissimo, check, backward, imperceptible, larghetto, weak-minded, laggard, long-play, fast, vague, relax.
- dull (part of speech: adjective)
- slow (part of speech: verb)
- lethargic (part of speech: adjective)