Definition of small :
1. Being of slight consequence; feeble in influence or importance; unimportant; trivial; insignificant; as, a small fault; a small business.
2. Envincing little worth or ability; not large- minded; - sometimes, in reproach, paltry; mean.
3. Having little size, compared with other things of the same kind; little in quantity or degree; diminutive; not large or extended in dimension; not great; not much; inconsiderable; as, a small man; a small river.
4. In or to small extent, quantity, or degree; little; slightly.
5. Not loudly; faintly; timidly.
6. Not prolonged in duration; not extended in time; short; as, after a small space.
7. Same as Little go. See under Little, a.
9. The small or slender part of a thing; as, the small of the leg or of the back.
10. To make little or less.
11. Weak; slender; fine; gentle; soft; not loud.
low-down, inferior, atrophied, inadequate, smooth, moderate, gauzy, dainty, young, youth, under, exquisite, beautiful, minuscule, petty, grim, subtile, downhearted, dwarf, quiet, tenuous, whispery, littler, itsy-bitsy, lilliputian, limited, humiliated, low-spirited, lowly, small-minded, low-keyed, clear, mean, weakened, scurvy, underage, miserable, hushed, measly, lower-ranking, shrimpy, miniscule, lower, important, nonaged, meek, narrow-minded, least, low-key, sharp, decreased, subtle, midget, clarified, thin, minor-league, weensy, vitiated, big, excellent, crushed, nice, splendid, subdued, junior-grade, elfin, refined, infinitesimal, baseborn, over, belittled, footling, keen, slender, comminuted, piffling, downcast, menial, smalltime, down in the mouth, subordinate, wide, depleted, gnomish, pure, microscopical, small-scale, smaller, humbled, humble, low-pitched, niggling, undersized, pocket-size, reduced, wasted, bitty, down, undersize, secondary, diminished, junior, half-size, dispirited, base, subgross, micro, mild, blue, smallest, fiddling, inconsiderable, lessened, teensy-weensy, depressed, gloomy, lowercase, trivial, sensitive, soft, broken, pocketable, atomic, subatomic, lesser, handsome, low-toned, fine, teentsy, pocket-sized, elflike, venial, minuscular, immature, abject, subaltern, dinky, littlest, polished, atomlike, scummy, elegant, bittie
little (part of speech: adjective)
humble (part of speech: verb)
short (part of speech: adjective)
small (part of speech: adjective)
minute, teeny-weeny, baby, slight, slim, itty-bitty, tiny, smallish, modest, minimal, deficient, weeny, scant, piddling, microscopic, bantam, negligible, miserly, minor, beggarly, scrawny, delicate, diminutive, scanty, trifling, nugatory, dwarfish, spare, meager, ungenerous, teensy, teeny, wee, sparing, pocket, miniature, niggardly, stingy, toy, paltry
unimportant (part of speech: adjective)