Definition of smear:
- A fat, oily substance; oinment.
- Hence, a spot made by, or as by, an unctuous or adhesive substance; a blot or blotch; a daub; a stain.
- To overspread with anything unctuous, viscous, or adhesive; to daub; as, to smear anything with oil.
- To soil in any way; to contaminate; to pollute; to stain morally; as, to be smeared with infamy.
steamroller, sully, smut, point, defame, bit, berth, minimize, clean, discoloration, annihilate, spotlight, blur, stain, belittle, smirch, maculation, cytosmear, maculate, thrash, dab, contumely, post, touch, film over, deception, grime, clobber, blot, grunge, dapple, mark, confuse, lie, corrupt, calumniate, cream, office, smudge, slur, vanquish, speckle, discolouration, spatter, obscure, plaster, filth, glaze over, revilement, overpower, aspersion, place, trick, attack, crush, daub, besmirch, fleck, massacre, situation, put-up job, bespatter, Cytologic Smear, brand, derogate, asperse, smash, patch, denigrate, drub, dirt, shellac, win, stigma, wallop, topographic point, besmear, cloud, dim, grease, pip, vilification, obnubilate, slander, blear, overwhelm, bedaub, billet, smutch, spot, abuse, malignment, trounce, put on, position.
- dirty (part of speech: verb)
- slander (part of speech: verb)
- disrespect (part of speech: verb)
- "Advice to a Mother on the Management of her Children", Pye Henry Chavasse.
- "The Cattle-Baron's Daughter", Harold Bindloss.
- "The Door Through Space", Marion Zimmer Bradley.