Definition of solace:
comforting, soothe, cheer, comfortableness, consolation, a change for the better/worse, improvement, ease, turnaround, quilt, upswing, comforter, boost, consoling, cheer, leap, development, self-improvement, step change, comfort, makeover, puff, console, Comfort, solacing, solacement.
cheer (part of speech: verb)
- study at comfort
- relief (part of speech: noun)
- condolence (part of speech: noun)
- "Castle Richmond", Anthony Trollope.
- "Cedric, the Forester", Bernard Gay Marshall.
- "The Place Beyond the Winds", Harriet T. Comstock.