Definition of solicit:
mash, decoy, fleece, accost, exploit, scalp, cabbage, bespeak, tempt, gazump, woo, flirt, survey, interview, attack, call girl, filch, courtesan, hit, bait, swipe, lift, crave, butterfly, plume, tap, tip, beg, hit on, hooker, lead on, require, overcharge, ho, beleaguer, escort, thieve, bedevil, abstract, pluck, snitch, snare, hound, coquet, brothel, ask, court, knock, claim, harry, conjure, tapdance, surcharge, pinch, insist on something, order, philander, crochet, speak, impetrate, come up to, pray, rap, chat up, badger, pink, coquette, bug, purloin, bordello, bordello, nobble, plague, seduce, gigolo, importune, harass, proposition, ask for, intercept, harlot, tout, cop, rob, betray, call, pilfer, hawk, hook, besiege, allure, wiretap, drum up, sneak, dally, romance, beset, knock off, boost, hustle, quest, soak, pester, push, addict, snarf, glom, poll, beguile, sue, pitch.
- appeal (part of speech: verb)
- request (part of speech: verb)
- "A Woman's Life-Work Labors and Experiences", Laura S. Haviland.
- "Autobiography of Sir George Biddell Airy", George Biddell Airy.
- "Secret Memoirs: The Story of Louise, Crown Princess", Henry W. Fischer.