Definition of soothing:
nonabrasive, pleasing, good, balmy, mild, joyful, dreamy, cheerful, narcotic, heartwarming, uplifting, tender, calming, satisfying, bland, joyous, sedative, life-affirming, benign, pacifying, comfy, assuasive, reassuring, exhilarating, light, delicate, mellow, comfortable.
- calming (part of speech: verb)
- moderate (part of speech: adjective)
- alleviating (part of speech: verb)
- moderating (part of speech: verb)
- soothing (part of speech: verb)
- pacifying (part of speech: verb)
- "Christian's Mistake", Dinah Maria Mulock Craik.
- "The Grain Of Dust A Novel", David Graham Phillips.
- "Long Odds", Harold Bindloss.