Definition of soporific:
punishing, uninspired, tedious, depressant, unexciting, somnolent, humdrum, somnifacient, wearying, nodding, weary, hypnagogic, sedative, soporiferous, slumberous, tiring, dreary, boring, awareness, somnolent, tired, exhausting, dozy, somnific, trying, uninteresting, hypnogogic, hypnotic, narcotic, trivial, wearing, somniferous, slumbery, wearisome, narcotizing, mind-numbing, opiate, narcotising.
- dull (part of speech: adjective)
- soothing (part of speech: adjective)
- senseless (part of speech: adjective)
- "Faust", Goethe.
- "A Man and His Money", Frederic Stewart Isham.
- "The Dual Alliance", Marjorie Benton Cooke.