Definition of speculate:
opine, devise, infer, meditate, subcontract, hedge, roll over, hypothesise, excogotate, consult, muse, suppose, ponder, formulate, daresay, farm out, save, surmise, suspect, argue, chew over, say, clear the air, canvass, reflect, sink, invest, take a chance, plow into, hypothecate, pay into, excogitate, theorize, gambling, hypothesize, underwrite, suspicion, ratiocinate, reckon, mull, reverberate, contemplate, negotiate, invent, talk through, put in, assume, opinion, shine, ruminate, neglect, theorise, discuss, forge, belief, think over, talk, mull over, presuppose, job, contrive, conjecture.
- chance (part of speech: verb)
- suppose (part of speech: verb)
- think (part of speech: verb)
- predict (part of speech: verb)
- "Blindfolded", Earle Ashley Walcott.
- "The Princess Virginia", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.
- "Romance Island", Zona Gale.