Definition of spirited:
risque, sparky, gamy, zestful, pizzazzy, spicy, forcible, jazzy, sprightly, bouncing, lame, granular, rabid, enlivened, vivacious, piquant, snappy, naughty, exuberant, gingery, hoydenish, game, brave, vocal, feisty, ebullient, vibrant, pungent, juicy, hoyden, live, irreverent, chipper, high-spirited, airy, spanking, kinetic, opinionated, action, plucky, knockabout, violent, tomboyish, resilient, halt, blue, mealy, yeasty, lively, flavorous, zippy, zesty, granulose, perky, impertinent, brisk, fearless, saucy, high, con brio, racy, didactic, courageous, farinaceous, animate, vital, whipping, gallant, bouncy, coarse-grained, peppery, single-minded, rich, alert, gamey, rattling, gimpy, peppy, boisterous, spunky, mettlesome, halting, pert, animated, gritty, grainy, springy, feelings, dashing, loud, crippled, alive.
- cheerful (part of speech: adjective)
- active (part of speech: adjective)
- energetic (part of speech: adjective)
- enthusiastic (part of speech: adjective)
vigorous (part of speech: adjective)
- "East of the Shadows", Mrs. Hubert Barclay.
- "When A Man's A Man", Harold Bell Wright.
- "Toronto of Old", Henry Scadding.