Definition of spiritless:
action, lackadaisical, lymphatic, mild, drab, dysphoric, sad, bloodless, tired, dull, enervated, sterile, submissive, unimaginative, thin, meek, downcast, compliant, tame, dull, desolate, apathetic, down, uninspired, flagging, wistful, happy, colorless, limp, matter-of-fact, heartless, aseptic, heavy-hearted, flavorless, lusterless, pedestrian, languishing, melancholic, prosaic, stodgy, lifeless, modest, languorous, arid, unhappy, unenthusiastic, lackluster, earthbound, listless, dispirited, tristful, low, dry, leaden, excite, blue, languid, flat.
- dull (part of speech: adjective)
- hopeless (part of speech: adjective)
- "Selected Essays", Karl Marx.
- "By Wit of Woman", Arthur W. Marchmont.
- "A Dog with a Bad Name", Talbot Baines Reed.