Definition of spiteful:
- hateful (part of speech: adjective)
- malevolent (part of speech: adjective)
- resentful (part of speech: adjective)
- irritable (part of speech: adjective)
- "Charles Lamb", Barry Cornwall.
- "A Double Knot", George Manville Fenn.
On looking round, we were astonished to see spiteful jets of rifle- fire issuing from both sides of the uninjured train directed against thick bunches of Japanese troops who were passing along the track over which we had just advanced.- "With the "Die-Hards" in Siberia", John Ward.