Definition of spread :
1. An arbitrage transaction operated by buying and selling simultaneously in two separate markets, as Chicago and New York, when there is an abnormal difference in price between the two markets. It is called a back spreadwhen the difference in price is less than the normal one.
2. Surface in proportion to the depth of a cut stone.
give, veneer, bed cover, daub, break up, disruption, unfold, mete out, part, fete, blossom out, move, cover, fiesta, outflank, deal out, paint, spatter, mobilize, set, penetrate, dust, scatter, ranch, dissemination, travel, circularise, circulate, stagger, noise, opening, pass out, spreading, lie, shorten, unfurl, prepared, flatten, facing pages, pave, publish, imbue, circle, wide, spreadhead, coat, plaster, gap, gild, col, diffuse, circularize, unwind, shell out, turn out, dot, promulgate, bed covering, level, carry, interruption, dispense, lay, put on, disseminate, open, pervade, wax, air, library paste, roll out, distributed, open up, gloss, public exposure, dissipate, smear, convey, sprinkle, transmit, spray, afford, spread head, rotate, declare, enamel, close, order, blossom, blossom forth, dole out, stretch out, airing, blaze, communicate, plate, break, permeate, broadcast, paste, distribute, strewing, sever, get around, send, string out, parcel out, give out, propagate, strew, revolve, branch off, bruit, cattle ranch, crack, interpenetrate, beam, knowledge, outstretch, lot, administer, dispel, short-circuit, allot, radiate, outspread, dish out, fan, deal, sow, blazon, advertise, pass on, mobilise, splay, overspread, hand out, pass around, riddle, cattle farm, cap, flow, go around, bypass, reach, spread out, divide, cast, pass, scattering, counterpane, unroll, fan out, proclaim, overlay
expand (part of speech: verb)
diverged (part of speech: verb)
expanded (part of speech: verb)
expanded, strewn, distended, broadened, opened, amplified, extended, spread thin, swollen, fattened, sown, unfurled, inflated, increased, overflowed, diffused, incremented, lengthened, swelled, thickened, augmented, enlarged, burgeoned, magnified, stretched, grew, disseminated, developed, grown, widened, engorged, scattered, dilated
meal (part of speech: noun)
bread, breakfast, meal, drink, dinner, fare, barbecue, feed, food, nutriment, taste, foodstuff, cuisine, morsel, grub, eating, snack, consumption, ingestion, meat, picnic, repast, sustenance, lunch, banquet, feast, board
diverge (part of speech: verb)
divergent (part of speech: adjective)
bedspread (part of speech: noun)
- La Tribe spread out his hands. - "Historical Romances: Under the Red Robe, Count Hannibal, A Gentleman of France", Stanley J. Weyman.
- By morning the excitement had spread all over the Station. - "Banked Fires", E. W. (Ethel Winifred) Savi.
- Here, where the water scarcely moves, we find some of the soil spread out over the ground near the river banks. - "Home Geography For Primary Grades", C. C. Long.