Definition of spy:
- One who secretly watches the conduct, condition, actions, & c., of a person, in order to report them to another; a secret agent; one who secretly conveys the transactions of others; a secret agent; one who secretly conveys the transactions of others.
- To discover at a distance; to gain sight of; to inspect or examine secretly; to find out by artifice; to play the spy.
fleck, blob, watcher, detect, recognise, espionage agent, observer, fall, industrial espionage, tell apart, spook, snoop, descry, distinguish, blemish, denounce, operative, bug, recognize, shit, collaborator, pick out, snitch, shop, espy, peeping Tom, intelligence agent, secret-service agent, Mata Hari, eavesdrop, intelligencer, blot, stag, collaboration, investigate, spook, scout, undercover man, grass, agent, make out, espionage, counterintelligence agent, emissary, double agent, mole, asset, wiretapper, rat, sleuth, undercover, spot, tell on, detective, collaborate, undercover agent, counterspy, operative, give away, catch, betray, counterintelligence.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "Grace Harlowe's Overland Riders on the Great American Desert", Jessie Graham Flower.
- "Mark Twain, A Biography, 1835-1910, Complete The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens", Albert Bigelow Paine Last Updated: February 20, 2009.