Definition of squalid:
amoral, mean, evil, peaked, gross, disreputable, vile, flyblown, sordid, right, unethical, unwell, low, punk, indisposed, sickly, dirty, wicked, nasty, base, ignoble, sleazy, chintzy, perverted, deviant, under the weather, low-down, cheap, ailing, bum, sinful, cheesy, unclean, seedy, soiled, clean, tinny, immoral, maggoty, seamy, poorly.
- dirty (part of speech: verb)
- slovenly (part of speech: adjective)
unclean (part of speech: adjective)
- poor (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Nether World", George Gissing.
- "The Conspiracy of Pontiac and the Indian War after the Conquest of Canada", Francis Parkman.
- "Saunterings", Charles Dudley Warner Last Updated: February 22, 2009.