Definition of stall:
pedestal, dillydally, decease, cease, viewpoint, drop dead, croak, go, expire, check, exit, outdoor stage, hinder, break down, give-up the ghost, pass away, discontinue, point of view, sales booth, drag one's feet, bandstand, choke, procrastinate, rack, Carrel, tie-up, quit, postpone, standstill, arrest, stalling, perish, drag one's heels, cash in one's chips, conk, belay, die, stop, surcease, delay, pass, pop off, stay, standpoint, continue, pass out, stand, shillyshally, kiosk, kick the bucket, swoon, cell, cubicle, conk out, leave off, snuff it, base, halt, dilly-dally, hamper, faint, booth, buy the farm, carrell.
- market (part of speech: noun)
- procrastinate (part of speech: verb)
- "Jane Cable", George Barr McCutcheon.
- "The Vultures", Henry Seton Merriman.
- "Recollections of Old Liverpool", A Nonagenarian.