Definition of standard:
- Having a fixed and permanent value; not of the dwarf kind, as a tree.
- That which is established as a rule, measure, or model; a criterion; a test; that which is of undoubted excellence; a standing tree or stem, as distinguished from a wall- tree; in mil., an ensign; a staff and flag, or colours; in carpentry, an upright support; in shipbuilding, an inverted knee placed upon the deck instead of beneath it; in coinage, the proportion of weight of fine metal and alloy established by authority.
archetypal, advanced, rule, mensuration, banneret, high, classically, example, sample, law, true, oriflamme, ensample, mast, carol, nondescript, regulation, measuring, going, characteristic, measure, standards, chanty, meter, casebook, benchmark, pennant, code, anthem, touchstone, typical, ideal, representative, streamer, alma mater, above, well-worn, common, level, conscience, convention, quantity, prescriptive, criterial, the proprieties, test, workaday, prototypical, measuring stick, popular, beau ideal, cover, regular, calypso, textbook, classical, criterional, canonic, beat, old-hat, Jolly Roger, standard-issue, prosaic, color, garden-variety, precedent, standardized, low, cadence, Mark, baseline, morals, banner, tired, gauge, exacting, hackneyed, normative, essential, quality, definitive, bunting, canonical, hammer and sickle, jack, Blue Peter, classic, ensign, bill, rating, stock, amount, flagpole, step, etiquette, threadbare, unremarkable, metre, measurement, accepted, Christmas carol, pennon, chorale, warning, exemplification, acceptable, basic, ethics, shopworn, par, criterion, checkered flag, mirror, substitute, flag, quality assurance, received, trite, aria, measuring rod, cut-and-dried, modular, standardised, unexceptional, monetary standard, bar, type, banderole, authoritative, ballad, good, timeworn.
- mediocre (part of speech: adjective)
- prototype (part of speech: noun)
- mediocrity (part of speech: noun)
- post (part of speech: noun)
regular (part of speech: adjective)
- made to a standard,
- accepted (part of speech: adjective)
- average (part of speech: adjective)
- regularity (part of speech: noun)
- "The Picture of Dorian Gray", Oscar Wilde.
- "Our War with Spain for Cuba's Freedom", Trumbull White.
This factor is the ratio of the total heat added to one pound of steam under the standard conditions to the heat added to each pound of steam in heating the water from the temperature of the feed in the trial to the temperature corresponding to the pressure existing in the trial.- "Steam, Its Generation and Use", Babcock & Wilcox Co..