Definition of steadiness:
resolve, continue, hardness, immutability, better, firmness, stableness, immutableness, fixedness, fastness, sureness, resoluteness, soundness, firmness of purpose, resolution, strength, security, sturdiness, change, unchangeableness.
- order (part of speech: noun)
- stability (part of speech: noun)
- uniformity (part of speech: noun)
- regularity (part of speech: noun)
- "Christmas Stories", Edward Berens.
- "Frank of Freedom Hill", Samuel A. Derieux.
But when I consider her enmity against my chimney, and the steadiness with which at the last she is wont to carry out her schemes, if by hook or crook she can, especially after having been once baffled, why, I scarcely knew at what step of hers to be surprised.- "I and My Chimney", Herman Melville.