Definition of stipulation:
contingency, code, term, convention, spec, the proprieties, presumption, ethics, conscience, morals, string, if, precondition, standards, bargain, law, experimental condition, specification, rule, given, consideration, cartel, limited, condition, etiquette, judicial admission, shape, circumstance, status.
- condition (part of speech: noun)
- agreement (part of speech: noun)
- promise (part of speech: noun)
- qualification (part of speech: noun)
- requirement (part of speech: noun)
- "Essays on the Constitution of the United States", Paul Leicester Ford.
The Vestry and Pastor of St. Polycarp's Church, from whom Mrs. Scarlett sought to recover three paintings-" Faith," " Hope," and " Charity"- which her father had commissioned a visiting artist to paint, and had then presented to St. Polycarp's, with the stipulation that they should " forever hang in the sacred edifice, reminding the brethren of the Cardinal Virtues of the Christian Religion."- "A Woman Named Smith", Marie Conway Oemler.
- "The Subterranean Brotherhood", Julian Hawthorne.