Definition of stout:
overblown, dauntless, sedulous, fearless, solid as a rock, squatty, game, unfearing, toughened, persistent, hard-bitten, fat, Strong, hulky, bold, dumpy, gross, fat, heroic, determined, hardy, gallant, sturdy, undaunted, ale, inflexible, competitive, weighty, big, thickset, plucky, stubborn, brave, heavy, uncompromising, guest beer, fortitudinous, Guinness, robust, resolute, durable, cast-iron, intrepid, stalwart, porcine, brown ale, chunky, rugged, hefty, hardened, lusty, irresistible, hard, hearty, manful, insistent, fear, heavyset, brew, greathearted, overweight, driven, valorous, stumpy, lager, motivated, beer, gutty, purposeful, buxom, inured, iron, portly, valiant, dedicated, ample, undauntable, bitter, heavy-duty, hulking, fatty, gutsy, doughty, audacious, solid, squat, stouthearted, unafraid, bulky, lionhearted, keg, ambitious, courageous, home brew, spunky, stubby, forceful, tubby.
- brave (part of speech: adjective)
- strong (part of speech: adjective)
- obese (part of speech: adjective)
- "Anna St. Ives", Thomas Holcroft.
- "By Veldt and Kopje", William Charles Scully.
- "The Macdermots of Ballycloran", Anthony Trollope.