Definition of stratagem:
guile, dodging, wile, flimflam, knack, conspiracy, means, contraption, cunning, jig, gimmick, gadget, blind, planning, preparation, ploy, appliance, agreement, arrangements, play, gizmo, lash-up, fetch, invention, gismo, devisal, plan, tactic, shenanigan, dodge, blueprint, study at trick, widget, gambit, take-in, sleight, cheat, strategy, contrivance, honest, art, craft, imposture, scheme, convenience, method, juggle, finesse.
- deception (part of speech: noun)
- stratagem (part of speech: noun)
- pretext (part of speech: noun)
- "Colorado Jim", George Goodchild.
- "The Orange-Yellow Diamond", J. S. Fletcher.
- "The Radio Boys with the Revenue Guards", Gerald Breckenridge.