Definition of stretching:
hyperbole, wide-spreading, reaching, padding, stretchability, elongation, broad, prolongation, embellishment, caricature, reach, drawing out, embroidering, coloring, stretch, stretchiness, wide, elaboration, stint, overstatement, embroidery.
- expanding (part of speech: verb)
- exaggerating (part of speech: verb)
- expansion (part of speech: noun)
- extending (part of speech: verb)
- lengthening (part of speech: verb)
- "The Mandarin's Fan", Fergus Hume.
- "The Old Wives' Tale", Arnold Bennett.
- "Toronto of Old", Henry Scadding.