Definition of stubbornness:
grimness, inexorableness, incompliancy, obduracy, willpower, self-control, intransigence, self-possession, self-opinionatedness, bullheadedness, implacability, die-hardism, possession, obdurateness, mulishness, obstinacy, implacableness, intransigency, obstinateness, incompliance, opinionatedness, remorselessness, relentlessness, resist, rigidity, inexorability, rigidness, will power, pigheadedness, obstinance, self-command, willfulness, inflexibleness, self-will, pertinaciousness.
- defiance (part of speech: noun)
resolution (part of speech: noun)
- unwillingness (part of speech: noun)
- obstinacy (part of speech: noun)
- "Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1896 to 1901", Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- "Autobiography of Friedrich Froebel", Friedrich Froebel.
He was always doing this to every one, this boy from India; always making people see how ridiculous and petty were the man- made conventions and human notions and stubbornness when looked at in the light of common sense and sincerity.- "Green Valley", Katharine Reynolds.