Definition of stupefied:
Synonyms for stupefied:
mixed-up, dazed, silly, spaced, shell-shocked, awestruck, dumbstruck, punchy, confounded, flabbergasted, psyched, bedeviled, bowled over, bushed, dumbfounded, zonked, can't think straight, distracted, punch-drunk, raddled, slaphappy, stupid, bemused, beside yourself, disoriented, muddleheaded, confused, perplexed, staggered, dumbstricken, addle, befogged, lost for words, spacey, dumfounded, foggy, speechless, pixilated, stunned, dopey, befuddled, addlepated, muzzy, shocked, spaced-out, at a loss (to do something), zonked-out, thunderstruck, astonished, fogged, surprised, addled.
disabled (part of speech: verb)
- screwed up,
- astonished (part of speech: adjective)
- dull (part of speech: adjective)
- numb (part of speech: adjective)
- numbed (part of speech: verb)
- "Monsieur de Camors, v3", Octave Feuillet.
The good farmer sat before his empty desk, seeming half stupefied by the blow which had fallen so suddenly upon him, while his wife hung about him, reproaching herself bitterly for not having put him on his guard the night before.- "Queen Hildegarde", Laura Elizabeth Howe Richards.
- "Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things", Lafcadio Hearn.