Definition of sturdy:
knotty, dauntless, problematic, hardy, ruffianly, brave, solid as a rock, athletic, fast, bad, unshakable, stout, stalwart, Strong, irresistible, audacious, unyielding, hard, inured, uncompromising, unfearing, unbending, tough, cast-iron, heavy-duty, hardened, toughened, stubborn, inflexible, rigid, stouthearted, continue, resolute, problematical, intrepid, strapping, fearless, durable, burly, robust, hearty, bombproof, sure, rugged, baffling, sound, iron, red-blooded, elusive, hard-bitten, able-bodied, secure, portly, lusty, forceful.
- strong (part of speech: adjective)
- substantial (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Way of Ambition", Robert Hichens.
- "The Shepherd of the North", Richard Aumerle Maher.
- "Old Plymouth Trails", Winthrop Packard.