Definition of subdued:
Synonyms for subdued:
smooth, leaden, cushy, inobtrusive, faint, idle, dense, sober, sonant, voiced, sorrowful, low-key, sleepy, piano, tasteful, repressed, muffled, melancholy, dusky, homesick, available, flabby, slack, obtuse, mild, low-keyed, vague, wan, unflashy, placid, black, unobtrusive, flaccid, dark, weak, conservative, wispy, diffused, still, dull, unpretentious, muted, plain, miserable, dimmed, underemployed, shadowy, lenient, unruffled, unhappy, diffuse, tame, easygoing, dumb, slow, clear, balmy, free, small, off-duty, insipid, delicate, quiet, understated, bleak, low, wistful, sad, soft, mat, indulgent, restrained, gloomy, dim, hushed, toned-down, whispery.
- defeated (part of speech: verb)
- moderated (part of speech: verb)
- soothed (part of speech: verb)
- moderate (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Pioneers", Katharine Susannah Prichard.
- "The Saint", Antonio Fogazzaro Commentator: William Roscoe Thayer.
- "The Lighthouse", Robert Ballantyne.