Definition of sublime:
- Elevated aloft; very high in excellence; lofty in style or sentiment; grand; majestic.
- The surpassing grand in nature or art, as distinguished from the beautiful; a grand or lofty style.
- To reduce a solid substance into a state of vapour by heat, to be again brought to a solid state by cooling; to exalt; to improve.
chivalrous, reverenced, eye-opening, marvellous, greathearted, fantastic, opulent, fabulous, towering, awe-inspiring, inflated, high-flown, stupendous, subtilize, desperate, reverend, august, great, majestic, awful, elated, deluxe, lordly, magnificent, grandiose, sublimate, sumptuous, high-sounding, idealistic, princely, heavenly, astonishing, magnanimous, howling, high-minded, wondrous, miraculous, heroic, royal, rigorous, sacred, high, extreme, staggering, distill, acute, tremendous, prodigious, imposing, marvelous, rare, exalted, purify, astounding, great, rarefied, noble-minded, lofty, grand, gilded, venerated, stately, empyrean, raised, regal, eminent, rarified, gallant, dire, ideal, rarefy, magnific, natural, terrific, amazing, soaring, luxurious, baronial, profound, surprising, serious, expansive, rattling, distinguished, grave, magisterial, severe, elevated, revered, glorious, awesome, make pure, proud, wonderful, big, good, divine, empyreal, portentous, noble.
- artistic (part of speech: adjective)
- noble (part of speech: adjective)
beautiful (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Book of Business Etiquette", Nella Henney.
- "The Falls of Niagara and Other Famous Cataracts", George W. Holley.
- "The Matador of the Five Towns and Other Stories", Arnold Bennett.