Definition of succinct:
neat, silent, thick, aphoristic, laconic, thumbnail, elliptical, stocky, monosyllabic, thickset, lean, sententious, words, big, capsule, economical, pithy, quiet, apothegmatic, concise, compendious, style, summary, telegraphic, epigrammatic, drumhead, heavyset, compact.
- concise (part of speech: adjective)
- articulate (part of speech: adjective)
- little (part of speech: adjective)
- short (part of speech: adjective)
- taciturn (part of speech: adjective)
The first is, that in their dedicatory epistle, which ought to be brief and succinct, they dilate very complacently, whether moved by truth or flattery, on the deeds not only of their fathers and forefathers, but also of all their relations, friends, and benefactors.- "The Exemplary Novels of Cervantes", Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
- "Caught in a Trap", John C. Hutcheson.
- "No Man's Land", H. C. McNeile.