Definition of sully:
infect, vitiate, profane, mist, mottle, smirch, asperse, obscure, demoralise, calumniate, hurt, pervert, overcast, dapple, gaum, Thomas Sully, bemire, haze over, bemire, misdirect, smutch, subvert, defame, slander, debauch, denigrate, mire, tarnish, fog, begrime, mark, take its toll, spot, disfigure, distain, corrupt, demoralize, besmirch, mar, mess up, blot, disgrace, befog, defile, Maxmilien de Bethune, grime, spoil, smear, minimize, harm, obnubilate, bribe, cloud, maculate, damage, debase, becloud, buy, muck, injure, blur, taint, daub, derogate, deprave, belittle, duc de sully, grease one's palms.
- dirty (part of speech: verb)
- slander (part of speech: verb)
- disrespect (part of speech: verb)
- "Essay on the Creative Imagination", Th. Ribot.
- "Henry IV, Makers of History", John S. C. Abbott.
- "Mortal Coils", Aldous Huxley.