Definition of summarize:
Synonyms for summarize:
summate, recap, epitomize, put in a nutshell, re-start, tot up, brief, tot, count up, decrease, compile, review, synopsize, sum up, take up, tote up, boil down, add up, recapitulate, paraphrase, precis, reprise, cut back, sum, wrap up, summarise, rough out, shorten, skim over, outline, abstract, resume, memory up, cipher, add together, encapsulate, restart, add.
- generalize (part of speech: verb)
- report (part of speech: verb)
- list (part of speech: verb)
The Bannock were evidently the most difficult to settle of all the Idaho Indians, and their nomadic propensities were restrained only after the conclusion of the Bannock War of 1878. The data that follow were gathered through ethnographic means and continue and summarize the foregoing historical account.- "Shoshone-Bannock Subsistence and Society", Robert F. Murphy Yolanda Murphy.
- "Literature in the Elementary School", Porter Lander MacClintock.
- "The Development of Religious Liberty in Connecticut", M. Louise Greene, Ph. D..