Definition of supine:
- In L. gram., a case of the infinitive mood ending in um and u- probably so called because, though having substantive- case endings, it throws itself back, as it were, on the verb; a verbal noun.
- Lying on the back, or with face upwards; careless; thoughtless; negligent; inattentive; indolent.
- Lying on the back.
frightened, indifferent, languid, Idle, listless, panic-stricken, fearful, startled, alarmed, flat, scared, intimidated, prostrate, petrified, face downward, (with) your heart in your mouth, unerect, recumbent, resupine, sprawled, lying, resistless, prone, passive, afraid, inactive, horizontal, irresistible, unresisting, spreadeagled.
- "Ernest Maltravers, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "The Devil's Disciple", George Bernard Shaw.
- "Work: A Story of Experience", Louisa May Alcott.