Definition of surpassing:
stupendous, so much the better, exceeding, majestic, improved, transcendent, extraordinary, particular, especial, unhoped-for, superior, portentous, an improvement on something, colossal, special, olympian, exceptional, prodigious, preferable, better.
- exceeding (part of speech: verb)
- overrunning (part of speech: verb)
- excelling (part of speech: verb)
- "The George Sand-Gustave Flaubert Letters", George Sand, Gustave Flaubert Translated by A.L. McKensie.
His hand, armed with his needle, had just risen and remained suspended; his eyes, which he had at first raised carelessly from his work, were fixed on the door, which framed so unusual and attractive a picture- a young lady of surpassing beauty, surrounded by three youthful soldiers, who looked very fine and imposing, too, and whose looks were turned to him with a kind and inquiring expression.- "NAPOLEON AND BLUCHER", L. Muhlbach.
- "America's War for Humanity", Thomas Herbert Russell.