Definition of surprising:
eye-opening, stupefying, staggering, sublime, portentous, phenomenal, jaw-dropping, wonderful, stupendous, unusual, amazing, jarring, stunning, extraordinary, awesome, remarkable, fabulous, unexpected, earth-shattering, flabbergasting, dumbfounding, awful, sensational, astonishing, wondrous, startling, miraculous, blindsiding, prodigious.
- alarming (part of speech: verb)
- surprising (part of speech: verb)
- amazing (part of speech: verb)
- "The Very Small Person", Annie Hamilton Donnell.
- "At Whispering Pine Lodge", Lawrence J. Leslie.
- "The Orange-Yellow Diamond", J. S. Fletcher.