Definition of surrender:
fall by the wayside, forswear, abjure, declination, concession, declension, tumble, decline, concede, deport, evenfall, retire from, conceding, drop by the wayside, birth, free, cast off, give birth, spill, render, kick, white flag, drive home, fork out, recant, declivity, save, retract, giving up, crepuscle, giving way, withdraw from, yielding, capitulation, throw in the towel, repudiate, downslope, deliver, dip, rescue, gloaming, fall, throw in, resignation, have, crepuscule, unconditional surrender, forfeit, bear, return, forsaking, fork up, gloam, drop out, grant, forego, lay off, delivery, free fall, give up, allow, fork over, descent, turn in, extradite, pitch, relinquish, present, pin, autumn, spare, twilight, downfall, throw overboard, dusk, depart from, cede, redeem, nightfall, dispense with, hand over, chuck up the sponge.
- comply (part of speech: verb)
- rid (part of speech: verb)
- give up (part of speech: verb)
- relinquish (part of speech: verb)
- abandonment (part of speech: noun)
- riddance (part of speech: noun)
compliance (part of speech: noun)
- resignation (part of speech: noun)
- relinquishment (part of speech: noun)
- resign (part of speech: verb)
- abandon (part of speech: verb)
So they have told their own story, and at four o'clock they went outside and crossed a few yards of ground, until they were seen by some of the Canadians, and raised their hands as a sign of surrender.- "From Bapaume to Passchendaele, 1917", Philip Gibbs.
- "Lavender and Old Lace", Myrtle Reed.
- "The Golden Rock", Ernest Glanville.