Definition of swelling:
gibbosity, pompousness, splashiness, wen, clump, hallucination, knot, hunk, ridge, extrusion, ball, goon, boil, injured, ostentatiousness, carbuncle, bunion, bulge, lubber, crisis, protrusion, intumescency, glob, pock, protuberance, pathology, jut, pretentiousness, athlete's foot, gawk, black eye, chill, stumblebum, aetiology, lump, intumescence, dehydration, bump, etiology, blow, oaf, weal, prominence, blister, suppuration, ostentation, complication, node, blotch, abscess, tumor, inflammation, clod, puffiness, hump, expulsion, pomposity, injury, lout, pimple, pustule, aetiology, nodule, sore, perforation, bedsore, corn, blackhead, wale, gibbousness, projection, wart, chunk, lummox, jutting, abrasion, excrescence, contusion, blemish, discharge.
- augmentation (part of speech: noun)
- expansion (part of speech: noun)
- expanding (part of speech: verb)
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "A Master's Degree", Margaret Hill McCarter.
- "Ralph of the Roundhouse", Allen Chapman.