Definition of sympathetic:
tender, good-hearted, harmonious, openhearted, warm, likable, eponymous, dramatis personae, benevolent, pro, kindly, clement, for, harmonical, warmhearted, tenderhearted, harmonized, human, philanthropic, generous, gracious, affirmative, study at tender, approving, empathic, baddy, compatible, loving, forgiving, gentle, beneficent, antihero, consonant, harmonised, kind-hearted, good, ingenue, congenial, hero, caring, freehearted, nice, character, considerate, large-hearted, empathetic, kind, softhearted, harmonic, appealing, side, likeable, narrator, pitying, eleemosynary, agreeable, humane, sympathizing, kindhearted, bad guy, warm-hearted, partial, positive, tender-hearted, thoughtful, supportive, benignant, charitable, commiserative, heroine, merciful.
condoling (part of speech: adjective)
- responsive (part of speech: adjective)
- emotional (part of speech: adjective)
- "Fortitude", Hugh Walpole.
- "The Man Upstairs and Other Stories", P. G. Wodehouse.
- "A Country Gentleman and his Family", Mrs. (Margaret) Oliphant.