Definition of tabloid :
1. A compressed portion of one or more drugs or chemicals, or of food, etc.
2. Compressed or condensed, as into a tabloid; administrated in or as in tabloids, or small condensed bits; as, a tabloid form of imparting information.
sail, pill, lozenge, broadsheet, piece of paper, tab, chit, shroud, tatter, back copy, tag end, brochure, sheet of paper, sheet, shred, tab key, check, canvass, plane, back number, biweekly, rag week, weather sheet, rag, tablet, yellow journalism, bulletin, comic, comic book, mainsheet, tack, compact, back issue, tag, canvas, flat solid, ragtime, bed sheet
- The trouble with this last plan is that there are a lot of people who have their ideas on life made up in tabloid form; they have creeds and catechisms which they know by heart, and if you suggest to them anything different, they give you a startled look and get out of your way. - "The Book of Life: Vol. I Mind and Body; Vol. II Love and Society", Upton Sinclair.
- He took a tabloid- size paper from his pocket, unfolded it to the item, and handed it to them. - "The Golden Skull", John Blaine.
- Be careful, said he; and when he had cautiously sniffed at the tabloid- held at a safe distance from his nose- he added: Yes, potassium cyanide. - "The Eye of Osiris", R. Austin Freeman.