Definition of tale:
- A count or declaration.
- A number told or counted off; a reckoning by count; an enumeration; a count, in distinction from measure or weight; a number reckoned or stated.
- See Tael.
- That which is told; an oral relation or recital; any rehearsal of what has occured; narrative; discourse; statement; history; story.
- To tell stories.
tommyrot, twaddle, tall tale, boloney, fish story, news report, report, summation, canard, misrepresentation, baloney, tally, story, amount, taradiddle, narrative, humbug, total, description, level, floor, sum total, history, sum, tosh, storey, recital, falsity, lie, enumeration, fib, falsehood, record, untruth, count, numeration, bilgewater, relation, reckoning, aggregate, words, bosh, fairy tale, cock-and-bull story, statement, tarradiddle, whopper, misstatement, narration, totality, rumor, rehearsal, inveracity, exaggeration, prevarication, drool, write up, true.
- prose (part of speech: noun)
- "Hilda Wade A Woman With Tenacity Of Purpose", Grant Allen.
- "Ravensdene Court", J. S. (Joseph Smith) Fletcher.
- "The Bronze Bell", Louis Joseph Vance.