Definition of talk:
- Report; rumor; as, to hear talk of war.
- Subject of discourse; as, his achievment is the talk of the town.
- The act of talking; especially, familiar converse; mutual discourse; that which is uttered, especially in familiar conversation, or the mutual converse of two or more.
- To cause to be or become by talking.
- To confer; to reason; to consult.
- To consume or spend in talking; - often followed by away; as, to talk away an evening.
- To deliver in talking; to speak; to utter; to make a subject of conversation; as, to talk nonsense; to talk politics.
- To prate; to speak impertinently.
- To speak freely; to use for conversing or communicating; as, to talk French.
- To utter words; esp., to converse familiarly; to speak, as in familiar discourse, when two or more persons interchange thoughts.
dress down, gossip, law, influence, cackle, commemorate, exploration, argumentation, parlance, tête-à-tête, chide, emit, lay something bare, blither, gossip, word, tell, rebuke, trounce, tip, vent, guggle, twaddle, chin music, banter, blether, public speaking, piffle, flap, enunciate, rubbish, ripple, betray, gibber, speak, knowledge, shed, grip, gabfest, sermon, advise, negotiate, buzz, visit, skew, engagement, fudge, rumor, utterance, colloquy, burn up, communicate, lead to, backfire, give away, peroration, delivery, engage someone in conversation, slop, squeal, deliberation, intercourse, talks, flow, gymnastics, scold, the Pledge of Allegiance, counsel, argy-bargy, lambast, rat, idle, chin-wag, cut out, pass the time of day (with someone), confabulate, verbalise, confer, bawl out, give, reproof, scuttlebutt, let loose, run out, fustian, catch, tittle-tattle, sing, council, locution, call on the carpet, monotone, harangue, rumor, bombast, reprimand, dish, deliberate, jive, parade, flood, cycle, powwow, bubble, color, cry, natter, cant, discourse, small talk, offload, collect, sass, remonstrate, inquest, give someone lip, whistle, cheep, formality, disgorge, talking to, heart-to-heart, fall into conversation, public lecture, decide, burble, let out, lecturing, symposium, blather, pour forth, blab, monologue, talk up, snitch, alight, clack, dedicate to, smatter, give tongue to, rap, backchat, exaggeration, tattle, jargon, lecture, raillery, berate, communication, trash, let (it) slip, hearsay, fluency, caw, state, commentary, stool, rot, noise, address, bunk, pack a punch, peach, chirp, beat, jaw, reveal, prate, oration, exchange, take to task, convey, have words, negotiation, whisper, communion, clear the air, back-and-forth, table talk, formulation, vote of thanks, chair, express, palaver, blab out, verbalize, presentation, deliver, get into conversation (with someone), sauce, stir, utter, articulate, resist, lying, idiolect, speech, schmooze, fire, babble out, canvass, disclose, lambaste, brood, go, gurgle, blabber, let the cat out of the bag, express yourself, badinage, nonsense, spill the beans, dialogue, put (something) into words, chew up, splatter, fink, coo, gabble, declare, talk through, words, mouth, causerie, confab, give-and-take, grind, chew out, waffle, spill, diction, consider, talk of the town, catch up, report, jangle, talking, inaugurate, inform, babble, declamation, maunder, boasting, call down, leak, rag, repartee, racket.
- conversation (part of speech: noun)
- socialize (part of speech: verb)
- speak (part of speech: verb)
- converse (part of speech: verb)